School Header

School Header
Books and so much more!

Wednesday 27 May 2020

Rowling or Shusterman?


If you have not found anything in the ebooks at West Lothian libraries or the previous suggestions I’ve given  (see below) then perhaps you might find something suitable amongst the two- yes two suggestions I have for you today.  So most of you will have heard on the news yesterday JK Rowling announced  on twitter that she is releasing on a daily basis this story she once read to her children. "The Ickabog". Just a fairytale? Or will there be something more satirical? A story about "truth and the abuse of power." Well we will see where this goes but enjoyed the first two chapters.
       The Ickabog



Then found out that Neal Shusterman is reading some of his short stories (very hard to get hold of short stories). For those of you who don’t know his books he wrote the Arc of the Scythe series (dystopian teen fiction) and also  “The Dry” , a book which has  come to my mind several times over the past few weeks as we have gone through lockdown. Highly recommended.
You will need around half an hour for each reading.
This was the first one which I listened to about a kid who sees all seven of his guardian angels. At the end he talks about where the story comes from. Story 2 is only 5 mins long, an experiment on perspective.

If I was technically capable I would put in a vote Rowling or Shusterman. Oh where is my ICT support when I need it? Just message me what you prefer.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.